Heavy showers on (mostly) and off through Thursday has resulted in the cancellation of the first Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix qualifying session.
It is hoped an extended qualifying session will take place on Friday morning from 07:15 till 08:15 as the weather forecast from the Macau Metrological Office has improved from "rain" to "ocassional showers" so tonight there will be a few crossed fingers.
Unfortunately their forecast for raceday (Saturday) is "showers - heavy at times". There is a possibility of running the motorcycle race on Sunday if necessary, as was last done in 2004, when the weather might have improved but nobody really wants to curtail the normal Saturday night celebrations in Macau. Racing does come first though !